If you plan events, we are talking any type of event, a good list can keep you out of a lot of trouble and save you a great deal of heartbreak. We all think we can bank everything we need to know in our all-powerful brains, but when situations get tricky and deadlines near the final stretch, it’s oh so easy to forget the simplest of details. Hence the reason every event planner MUST become a list making extraordinaire!
So what needs to be on these lists, you ask…. Well we can’t possibly give you every list topic and every detail you need to include, but we can definitely give you something. For starters, here’s a event venue checklist. We’ve including things you absolute must ask the venues who are competing for your business. Again, it’s not everything, but it’s a good start
EVENT VENUE CHECKLIST:
- Venue name
- Venue address
- Venue phone
- Venue fax
- Venue contact name
- Contact email
- Contact direct line
- Contact direct fax
- Dimensions of event space
- Photos of event space
- Capacity charts (for all arrangements – e.g. banquet, reception, classroom, etc.
- Cost of event space
- Catering arrangement (in-house, selected vendors, free to choose)
- Catering menus (if applicable)
- Tax and service charge rates
- Audio Visual (In house or outsourced; contact information; wi-fi availability)
- Other events going on during date(s) selected
- Parking (Arrangements, cost)
- Security arrangements
- Delivery protocol
This is not an all-inclusive list, but it a great starting point. Each venue should be able to answer every relevant question. You don’t want to host your event at a venue without having these questions answered. Each question answered gets you one step closer to a flawless event.
Let us know if you think of anything else to include, and we’ll update this post.